Eli is such a cute 3 year old! I love him so much! Let me give you a snippet of our evening.
After I put Diego to bed Eli and I usually read books. Tonight he read to me! We sat and read four books, pretty long books too. I have read these books to him before and it's amazing how much he really remembers the stories! While we were reading I could tell Eli needed to go to the bathroom. I asked him a few times and he denied that he needed to go. I told him, "Eli I can tell you need to pee please go." He refused. Finally he went but didn't make it to the toilet. He peed all over the bathroom floor. How frustrating! Oh well.
Then he asked me how to spell words. He would say, "How do you spell book?" I would say B, then he would repeat B, then I would say O and he would say O....etc. I felt like I was at a spelling bee for probably 15 minutes or so. Maybe he will be a spelling champ one day!
Then we said our family prayer together (Cesar was still at school, and Diego was already asleep). Tonight I said the prayer while Eli listened. Then we kissed and hugged and walked upstairs together "quietly so we don't wake Diego up". Then Eli turned the bathroom light on, opened his bedroom door, but didn't close it, and laid down and went to sleep.
He is such a sweet boy! I'm so glad I'm his mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment