26 July 2010

Recent Happenings

I haven't posted anything recently because my camera hasn't been able to load pictures onto the computer for some reason, and I think pictures make blogging more interesting, but I decided I should just write anyways with or without pictures.

My sisters and I and all our kids (we each have 2) went to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Saturday in Colorado Springs. It is a very nice zoo and the weather was perfect! We had a good time. I asked Eli what he favorite animal was and he replied "the cow". Hmmm, I don't remember seeing cows...and then he changed his mind and said the zebras- that's more like it! I liked seeing the bears the best. There were two fairly large grizzly bears playing around in the water that were so cool to watch.

A couple of weeks ago was the annual Cousins Camp at my parent's house. Eli had a great time with his grandparents and all his cousins! He did not end up sleeping outside though. He wouldn't stay put in the tent and finally my mom just brought him in to sleep in a bedroom upstairs. Diego and I slept in a different room upstairs too. I'm so grateful that my parents put soooo much work into planning and preparing for the camp each year. I know it must be hard to have 16 grandkids spend the night and be in charge of. It makes me tired just thinking about it!
My sisters and I (and Diego) went out to eat once we dropped out kids off at cousins camp. I'm so glad I have sisters and that we get along so well.
In the morning we all got together and had breakfast and then had Grandkids Talent Show. It was a good time. Eli sang two songs with his fake microphone (ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star). He did a great job!

Cesar was released as the ward Mission Leader and is now a counselor in the Elder's Quorum. I am still the Young Women Secretary and enjoying it.

Eli has been playing with his stuffed animals a lot lately. He was in a car and train playing stage, but has moved on. He can carry on conversations really well now and has some really cute phrases he says. I love it when he says "I'm so excited!". He tells me that about different things throughout the day. He also spontaneously says "I love my mommy" and gives me a hug. He loves Diego and tries to play with him too. The other day he shoved a goldfish cracker into Diego's mouth. When I noticed, Diego had a very strange look on his face and I was able to "fish" it out. I told Eli that Diego is too little to eat food and to not do that again.

I bought a watermelon for the first time ever the other day. It was really good and Eli ate a lot of it! He loves watermelon and kept asking for more. It was a big melon so we shared some of it with a few of our neighbors.

Diego rolls over now. Everytime I put him on the floor he rolls onto his stomach and he can ever roll back to his back. He is liking toys a little more now. He can hold onto a rattle now if we hand it to him, but he hasn't yet reached for a toy and grabbed it himself. He was 15 pounds 1 ounce at his 4 month appointment last week and 26 inched tall. He smiles and laughs often, but also cries a lot too.

Cesar will be finished with his summer class this week and then will have a three week break from school before his last semester before graduation! I'm so excited he is almost finished with school. We are planning on doing some fun family things during the three weeks.

Hopefully I can load some pictures onto the computer soon.
That's all for now!

No comments: