21 October 2012

Eli is Five!

My little Eli turned five years old last week!  Five seems pretty old to me and maybe for the first time I feel like he is growing up too fast.  Having a five year old makes me feel pretty old.



He had a great birthday and told me a few times during the day that "this is the best day ever!"  On his actual birthday we met my mom and Ivaras at Nick's Gardens.  Eli's friend, Jibril, met us there too after he got out of school.



The boys rode the train and went through the "spooky tunnel"  We also had a picnic lunch there.
 
After Nick's Eli went to school. Diego and I joined his class for snack and got to sing to Eli and another of his classmate with the same birthday.  We had cookies and cupcakes. 
 
In the evening we met Cesar at Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and games.  The boys had fun playing games. 
 

 
Eli told us several times that he didn't want any presents for his birthday because he doesn't have anywhere to put them.  He really likes everything to have a place.  We just organized their play room and don't have much space for anything else. 
In the morning I had a gift wrapped for him on the coffee table.  He actually seemed more excited to look at and read the card first.  Then he asked if he should open the present now or wait until we celebrate later.  I told him it was his choice, he thought about it for a while and then went ahead and opened it.  It was a I Spy sticker book.  He said thank you.  His friend Jibril gave him a nice alphabet train puzzle, he got socks from his cousins, and he got a toy kitchen from grandma and grandpa.  He has wanted a kitchen for quite a while, so he was really excited to get it.


Sunday following his birthday we had a little party for him after family dinner. 
Oreo Mickey Mouse cake made by Cesar.
 
 
Eli now thinks he is so big because he is 5. He is such a cute boy and I love him so much!

No comments: