I have joined them as well unfortuatly.
Cesar came home from work Tuesday with a 100.8 degree temperature. He went straight to bed and slept- He doesn't like to just lie around so I know he really felt bad. He also took medicine which he doesn't typically do either. He has a horrible cough still and blows his nose a lot.
Eli had a trip to the Emergency Room Wednesday night (the 30th). We were in bed already asleep when he came in coughing horribly and gasping for air. We didn't know what to do or what was happening. Cesar rushed him to Children's Hospital where they diagnosed him with Croup. They gave him some steroid medicine and he came home. The couple of nights prior to this Eli had coughed some, but there were no other symptoms at all. Eli did great at the hospital and on their way home Eli told Cesar that he is his best friend. That really touched Cesar. Eli is such a sweet boy. A week later Eli came down with a fever and ear pain. He said that he couldn't hear and when we touched his ear he said it hurt. We took him to the doctor and found out both of his ears were infected. He is on antibiotics. He still coughs some and seems a bit run down.
Diego has bronchitis. He had some typical cold symptoms - fever (102), cough, and runny nose. I siscpected ear infections since he has had a history with them. We took him to the doctor to get him checked out and his ears were fine, but he had bronchitis. Scary stuff. The doctor gave him a breathing treatment at the office and gave us some steroids to give him for the next 3 days. He now has a bad cough- he sounds like an old man. His oxygen level was fine so that is good. Yesterday he had a 4 1/2 hour nap and right now he is just waking up from 3 1/2 hours! He needs the rest.
I am not too sick, yet.... I have just been sneezing a lot and feel kind of stuffed up. I think I have a slight fever and just feel tired. Diego and I stayed home from church today and took naps.
I am really grateful for Medicaid so that all these trips to the doctors office and the ER and the medications don't cost us anything! I'm also grateful for our doctor. I really like him and feel comfortable asking him a lot of questions.
I am looking forward to all of us getting better this week!
1 comment:
Oh man Delane! What a rough time for your family! I'm so glad that you are all getting some rest, and medicine. Here's hoping that you all stay healthy for the rest of the year!
Post a Comment