11 January 2010

Devotchka


Cesar and I went to see Devotchka on Dec. 30th. They played at Mercury Cafe. The show was so good! (Thanks to my mom for baby-sitting until the wee hours of the morning so that we could go!) They are definitely one of my favorite bands and probably my favorite band to see live. I first saw them 5 or 6 years ago open up for Belle and Sebastian. I really liked them, but didn't think much more about them until I saw one of their C.D.'s at the library one day under the local section. I had no idea that they were from the Denver/Boulder area. Then I started going to more and more of their shows. Since then, they have gotten bigger and are on tour all over the world, so their Denver shows are less often. They seem to always play a Valentine show, Halloween, and New Years show in Denver or Boulder though. Cesar and I went to the valentine show this year too.

No comments: