
I sing "I am a Child Of God" to Eli each night before he goes to sleep. It's a song I have known since I was young. Here are the lyrics:
1. I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
[Chorus]
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.
2. I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.
3. I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I’ll live with him once more.
I love this song and what it teaches. I want Eli to know that God loves him and has a plan for him and his life.
It is a pretty simple concept that some people don't know or believe, but I'm glad I do.
I remember a Radiohead concert I went to at Red Rocks in 2003 I think. It was great music and great weather, but one song was really memorable. The song was "Paranoid Android " the very last lyrics of the song are "God loves His children" and I remember looking at all the hundreds of people there and thinking that God loves ALL these people and they are ALL His children! At that moment I understood that God loves Everyone regardless of their good or bad choices! I've thought about that moment often through the years.
2 comments:
I really like that story. Sometimes it's hard to comprehend things like that, but I always love when we are given little nuggets of inspiration like that :)
You are such a good Mom.
Post a Comment