03 January 2009

Mexico vacation

Our vacation to Mexico city was good. We did a lot in ten days and had fun famiy time. Here are some things I learned:
- I am grateful to be American and live in this country.
- I am one out of millions and millions of people in the world- and we are all children of God.
- I am thankful to be able to stay at home and take care of Eli and our home without having to have a job. There are many women in Mexico that have to work with their babies. I saw so many small children on the streets selling things with their parents.
- Heavenly Father hears our prayers and takes care of us.
- Cesar is a good driver.
- Eli can adapt well to change and vacation.
- Driving in the US is so much easier than driving in Mexico. I am thankful for street signs and driving rules that people actually follow.

Eli experienced some firsts on our trip:
- He ate McDonalds for the first time.
- He met his Mexican relatives.
- He slept in the same bed as his parents for the first time.
- He flew on an airplane, rode on a bus and subway.
- Rode in a car without a car seat (we took our carseat and used it in the rental car, but one day Cesar's uncle and aunt picked us up and we rode in their car).

Cesar saw his old high school, his old house and even got to go inside and talk with the owners. He got to see his relatives including his grandma after 12 years and his best friend from high school.

2 comments:

Tee said...

Wow! Sounds like an awesome trip! I'm glad you learned so much and that you are safe!

staskym said...

glad your back!! it seems as if Eli is a really hopping baby,hope to go see you soon and see ll the wonderful pictures you took.