14 January 2009

Eli


Eli is a funny funny boy. Several times in the past few days Cesar has said, " I love this little boy", "Eli has the best personality", "He is such a good boy, we got so lucky." Here are a few things about Eli:
- He sleeps through the night now! 15 nights in a row! Usually from 6 p.m. until 7 or 8 a.m. He does not cry when I put him down in his crib or when he wakes up in the morning. He wakes up talking to himself- it is so adorable.

- He loves to eat! His favorite things are bananas, yogurt, applesauce, oatmeal, and quesadillas. He likes to drink milk now too! When he wants more food, he points to the kitchen, nods his head, and makes a little sound. He knows the sign for more too- I didn't even try to teach him, but I must have done it a few times (we used to use some baby signs at work) and then he just started doing it.

- He blows kisses when we say bye and goodnight. Even when I'm on the phone and say bye, or I love you, Eli blows kisses.

- He waits on the top of the stairs patiently for me or Cesar to hold his hand while going down.

- He laughs a lot and rarely cries!

- Sometimes he just talks and talks. He likes to pretend like he is talking on the phone. He puts my phone or his toy phone up to his ear and just jabbers. The other day he was talking on the phone and walked up to me, put his hand on my shoulder to get my attention and then asked me a question, went back to his phone call and told them the answer. He is so funny!

2 comments:

staskym said...

Oh, i wish i didn't live so far away.you need to get on skyp with him so i can see the big boy in action. i do not think we will be going for the summer. we want to take a real vacation this summer to DC i hope. we are looking into spring break right now to go visit you guys, but still not sure. Love Ya!!!

Tee said...

He is so funny! What a cute little guy :) I think I've only heard him fuss once! I hope we get that lucky with kids!!