25 October 2018

Eli is 11!

Eli turned 11 earlier this month.  He got to go camping with scouts the day after his birthday and loved it!  He is so social and loves spending time with friends and doing new things.  Those are great qualities to have.  He gets to go again a couple more times this year. 

The weekend after his birthday we took him and some friends swimming.  They all came over and they played video games for a little bit, sang happy birthday, and ate rice Krispie treats.  Then we drove over to Carla Madison Rec Center on Colfax and swam.  Cesar and I actually were just able to sit and watch- it's so nice to have older kids!  Ruby does pretty well in the pool, not a total swimmer yet, but getting there. 

Then we ate dinner (sandwiches and chips) outside because I found out they don't allow food inside.  It was a bit chilly, but the kids didn't seem to mind.  They had fun climbing the big boulder too.

Ruby gave Eli a water bottle for his birthday and Diego gave him a Rubik Cube- such nice siblings!  Cesar gave him a bag of Takis (his favorite spicy chips) and we also bought him several new pants that he really needed.

Happy Birthday Eli!  I love you and am so proud of the young man you are becoming!  It's a strange thing watching your kids grow up.  I can't believe this is his last year in elementary school!  It's bittersweet for sure.






No comments: