Ruby learned a valuable lesson about being brave and being a good friend. A couple of weeks ago, Ruby told me there is a little girl at Kid Watch (the childcare place at the rec center) that is mean to her. I asked her what she did and Ruby said she just laughs a lot. I didn't think much about it and then today when I took her to Kid Watch she whispered to me that the mean girl was there. Ruby almost wanted to not walk in, but I told her to be brave and that it would be okay. It was hard to leave her and I worried the whole time I was exercising. Well when I picked her up she was happy and she told me that the girl wasn't mean anymore and that they were friends now! Ruby told me that she was nice to her and the girl was nice back! I'm was so proud of Ruby and hopefully she will remember this.
My mom gave me two family names to take to the temple to do initiatories and endowments for. Since Ruby started school, I know have 2 1/2 hours of free time in the afternoons without kids. I knew that wouldn't quite be long enough to go do an endowment session, but I decided I would have enough time for initiatories. It was nice to be at the temple and I loved it.
During lunch, Ruby asked me, "when will I live with Jesus again?" I told her when she dies that she will. Then we had a conversation about how families can be together forever and live in heaven with Jesus if we are good and do the right things. She asked what if we aren't good? I told her about repentance. I also talked a little about baptism and the temple. It was a great conversation between me and my 3 year old! I'm lucky to have such a thoughtful girl and I'm also so grateful that I knew how to answer her question. I'm glad I know about and believe the plan of salvation.


1 comment:
That was a good day! That little Ruby is sweet!
Post a Comment