I have been busy being a homemaker and mother! It is hard work to keep everything at home going. Food takes up a lot of my time- making menus, grocery lists, going shopping, preparing food, and cleaning it up. It is never ending and sometimes I wish we could just go a day, or even a meal, without eating!
I usually do all the laundry on Mondays, but sometimes finish it up on Tuesdays. Laundry is not so bad for me and sometimes I actually look forward to it. I also like vacuuming the carpet and do that once a week too.
I am not so good at cleaning the bathrooms or kitchen on a regular basis. Those are not my favorite things to do! I have been very tempted to hire a house cleaner, but just haven't yet. As soon as Cesar starts making more money and I can justify the expense I will definitely get a maid!
I would like to give the kids more chores to do around the house. It seems like I never stick to it and then their chores just fade away. I guess it usually is easier to do it myself, but I know I need to give them the responsibility and satisfaction of doing their own jobs. Currently, the boys have been unloading the dishwasher for me on the days Eli doesn't have school. It does help and they do complain, but I think it will get easier if I just stick to it!
I am so happy to be a stay at home mom. It's nice to be involved with my kid's lives in a way that I know I couldn't be if I had to work.
My kids have been fighting a lot lately and I'm trying to work on solutions to make them stop! It's a definite challenge!
I love when I get time away from my kids! I feel free and good. Sometimes I drop them off at my friend's house for a couple of hours and get to have some alone time. Lately, my time has been spent shopping or running errands, but I like it best when I take time to go to lunch by myself or go to the library or book store. The couple of hours really do rejuvenate me and I need that!
I take care of Bennett, my neighbor all day Thursdays while his mom works. I get $10/ hour, so usually $90-100 a week. I like the extra money and the kids like to play with Bennett, so it is really worth it. Bennett is Ruby's age.
My calling is the Primary secretary. I like that job.



No comments:
Post a Comment