29 September 2014

Strong mothers

I have been anything but a strong mother lately.  I loose my cool way too often and too easily.  Mothering 3 young children is not easy, but so many people do it and more, so I know I can too.  I read some of my favorite scriptures today and wanted to record my thoughts.

Alma 56: 47-48
"Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt God would deliver them.
And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying:  We do not doubt that our mothers knew it."

I love reading about how the 2000 Stripling Warriors remembered what their mothers taught them.  I believe they knew their mothers had a testimony and they knew that their mothers loved God more than anything.  They knew this not only because their mothers told them, but mostly because their mothers lived it!  They learned by example.

I want my kids to know that I love Heavenly Father more than anything and that the most important things in life are my testimony and family.  I need to treat my kids with more love.  I pray that I can feel pure love for them just like Heavenly Father loves them.


I'm grateful for my own mom.  She taught by example and I do not doubt that she knows.  I know she has a strong testimony of the gospel.
I'm grateful for my grandmas and all the strong moms in my life. 

As I type this I can hear Ruby talking in her crib.  She is repeating over and over "Papa and Mama, LieLie (Eli) and GoGo (Diego).  I know that her family is the most important in her life right now.  I want her to know that I love her always.  I want her to learn good things from me and know that she can always come to me if she needs comfort and love. 

No comments: