Ruby has a birth mark called Port Wine Stain. After recommendations from her pediatrician and dermatologist, we decided to give her laser treatments every month in hopes that her birthmark will fade. She has had four laser appointments already. After the laser she has some bruising that lasts about a week. The actual treatment only takes a minute or so; she cries, but not too bad. An hour before the treatment I put a numbing cream on her cheek. Here are before and after pictures from her last appointment; you can see the bruising in the after picture.
Her dermatologist is at The Children's Hospital on Colfax. It is a nice hospital. They even have a child care for siblings of patients. I took Diego there last week while Ruby and I went upstairs to get her treatment. It's very convenient and I am grateful for the volunteers that do the child care. One day I would like to volunteer there myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment