09 April 2012

Big Mess

Friday night I felt like a teenager again (and not in a good way). I left the boys downstairs playing while I went to vacuum upstairs. After I finished their room I went to check on them, and this is what I saw!
Earlier in the day, my dad had received a package in the mail and had left the box out. Eli and Diego decided to empty out the box and play in all the packing things. At first I thought that it was harmless. I would let them play while I finished vacuuming upstairs.
They had a great time and I had fun watching them and taking pictures. Until it was time to clean up! The mess just kept growing and growing and my parents were going to be home in 15 or so minutes, so we started cleaning up.

Cleaning up the mess proved to be a much bigger task than I anticipated. We picked up the big ones- the ones that hadn't been broken into smaller pieces, but the thing is is those things get staticy and won't come off your hands. The boys were trying to help me, but then I decided maybe I could work better alone. I undressed them and sent them upstairs. By this time I didn't know if I should call my parents and worn them of the mess or if I should just try to finish before they arrived. I wondered if I was going to be able to get it all off the carpet or if pieces were going to get embedded in it permanently. I wondered if I was going to ruin their vacuum. I was starting to panic, but I pulled it off! I tried sweeping them up, but that didn't work. Then I was able to vacuum up most of it.
After the mess was clean, I gave the boys a quick bath and confessed to my parent's when they got home. A lot can happen when the parents leave for an hour! During the whole ordeal I couldn't stop laughing. Eli was confused because I told him we were going to be in big trouble, but I was still laughing.
I was exhausted and ready for sleep as soon as we put the boys to bed.

No comments: