03 April 2012

Great Scriptures

I came across two great scriptures in the Book of Mormon last night while studying.

Alma 56:48
And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.

and from El Libro de Mormon

Alma 56:48
Y me repitieron las palabras de sus madres, diciendo: No dudamos que nuestras madras lo sabian.

I have a wonderful mother. I do not doubt that she has a strong testimony of the gospel and of Jesus Christ. I know it because of her actions. I know it because of the love she shows for her family and for others.
I want to be this kind of mother to Eli and Diego. I don't want them to doubt the love I have for Jesus Christ. I want them to see Christlike attributes in me just like I do in my mother. I don't want them to ever doubt that I know what is most important in this life.

I am starting to read some from El Libro de Mormon in hopes that I will pick up some more Spanish that way. I just finished a 3 month Spanish class and don't want to stop studying just because the class is finished. I would really love to one day know Spanish and to be able to speak it.

and the other great scripture from last night is

3 Nephi 27:21

Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know that things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do.

3 Nefi 27:21

En verdad, en verdad os digo que este es mi evangelio; y vosotros sabeis las cosas que debeis hacer en mi iglesia; pues las esas tambien las hareis; porque aquello que me habeis visto hacer eso hareis vosotros.

I know that things that I must do to be happier in my life- and now I just need to see to it that I do them!

No comments: