17 February 2012

Lately

Things have been pretty good lately. We are all just enjoying life and getting some things done. Last night we had our first ever Family Game Night. We played Candy Land (a Valentine's present for Eli and Diego), Chutes and Ladders, Mickey Mouse Yahtzee, and Eli's I Spy Game. Diego mostly played with puzzles, cars, and read books. We listen to music too. It was actually pretty fun- we will definitely do it again!
I have decided to start making birthday cards for friends and family this year. Yesterday I bought some blank cards and some stickers from Wal-Mart. Last month I bought a Happy Birthday stamp from Michael's. Eli and I made all the March and April birthdays. We had fun and I really enjoyed creating with Eli. I let him completely make Diego's card all by himself. I want to get better at card making as the year goes by. This batch of cards are better than Jan. and Feb. cards, so I'm already improving!
I have started going to a scripture class on Tuesday mornings. They also have a children's class that Eli and Diego go to. Tuesday they had a Valentine's party- the boys had a lot of fun. The teacher is really great.
Cesar and I spoke in sacrament meeting Sunday about scripture study. Cesar's talk was really great and I even got emotional at some points (so did he). He is a great speaker; plus, he didn't even prepare until Sunday morning.
I started a Spanish class in January. It is a free class at the library on Wednesday nights. It runs for 12 weeks. I have learned some and enjoy going. I really need to practice talking in Spanish. Cesar and I really want our boys to be fluent in Spanish and we feel like it is only going to happen if I know Spanish too.
I got serenaded on Valentine's Day. Cesar rang the doorbell and when I opened it, he opened the singing card he bought for me. It played the song Unchained Melodies. The personal message was really sweet too. He also presented me with a bouquet of flowers and a box of Thin Mint girl scout cookies. He is such a sweet husband and I am so lucky to have him!

No comments: