We went on our first family of 4 vacation to Utah in July. We had a good time and I now think I could go on vacations a little more often. I pretty much thought vacations with young kids were not worth it or not fun at all, but now I know that I can have a good time! We drove to Logan Wednesday morning- we left home at 4 am because we needed to get there on time for our family reunion at 2 p.m. We made it just in time. Before the reunion we met my parents, brothers and sisters and their families at the University Ice Cream place and had a cone, then we went to the cemetery across the street where my parents will be buried and where my grandpa, uncle, and other relatives are. We borrowed a portable DVD player so Eli watched a few movies on the drive there. That helped, and we of course had snacks, books, and some toys to keep them (and us) happy in the car.
The family reunion was for all the descendants of my grandma Joyce (my mom's mom). I got to see my cousins that I hadn't seen for a while, their kids, and aunt's and uncles. It was a good time. We met at Willow Park and had good food.
In Logan we spent the night at Mark and Peggy's house. They have a nice peaceful back yard and porch. The boys slept on the floor and did pretty well. Diego woke up a couple of times in the night, but that was to be expected. Cesar, my dad, and brothers went golfing Thursday morning. My mom, Peggy, the boys, and I went on a walk around the neighborhood and just had a relaxing morning. Logan is a nice town. The drive through Logan canyon was beautiful. My dad is always talking about how nice it is and I really got to enjoy it this time. The lake, river, and mountains are so pretty. We had lunch again in Willow Park before we left Logan and drove to Salt Lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment