08 December 2009

Two years and Two months

He looks like an angel, doesn't he?

I love him so much and I'm so glad he is my son, but...he is driving me crazy!

Maybe it's the terrible twos, or his back molars cutting through, or an upset stomach, I'm not sure, but I do know my patience has definetly been tested the last couple of weeks.

Eli has become a BROKEN RECORD. He says the same things over and over and over- at least a hundred times in a row! Most of what he says starts with "I want...." It could be yogurt, milk, to hug mommy/papi, to watch train, snow boots, etc...
It really drives me crazy while we are in the car. The other night we were driving and I pointed out the moon- he loves to see the moon. Then I must have turned a different direction or a cloud covered the moon or something, but he couldn't see it anymore. Oh man, he continued to say "I want to see the moon" in a whiny voice a million times while I tried to explain what had happened. I tried to ignore him, but it was very challenging!

Meal times are another very hard time. He asks for everything he can think of at once (milk, juice, water, cereal, yogurt, raisan toast, soup, sandwich....) The worst is when we don't have something - like today we ran out of milk! Oh no! He just doesn't seem to understand I don't have any milk!

He has also begun throwing fits. When he is frustrated or doesn't get something he wants, he throws himself down and cries. It's not so bad, I have seen much worse temper tantrums in toddlers before, so I guess I'm lucky with that so far.

I will continue to try to be patient, but I hope this behavior passes sometime soon!

One great positive thing that happened today is that Eli pooped in the toliet. So far he has pooped once in the toliet and peed once too (that was severaly months ago). I don't really think this is the start of potty training yet, but it was still very exciting!

2 comments:

staskym said...

OMG he looks so big i can not wait to see you guys, do you think he will still love on me? it seems so long since i have seen him or any of the other kids....

Tee said...

He really is an adorable little boy :) Hopefully he passes through this phase quickly. He cracks me up!