07 July 2009

4th of July





Eli likes to eat pickles- so do I.






Our 4th of July weekend was great! Friday night Cesar and I had a date (thanks mom for babysitting). We went to City Park and listened to the Colorado Symphony Orchestra give a great performance. I loved the patriotic music and watching all the people. It was super relaxing and there was great weather. Then we went downtouwn and ate at the Cheesecake Factory. We ate outside and enjoyed watching all the people, horse carriages, and pedicabs pass by. The food was great and the dessert was even better! I love going on dates with Cesar!



On Saturday we went to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival as a family. Eli did really well sitting in the stroller (lately he has hated being in the stroller). We enjoyed walking around and glancing at the art. We saw a guy scuplting a block of ice into a swan. Then we went to the main stage and listened to music while eating our picnic lunch. Eli of course danced to the music and was so cute! At one point Eli and another young boy went to the front of the lawn right by the stage and started dancing. I heard several people comment about how cute they were. It was a lot of fun!




Sunday after church we were invited to lunch at a family's house from our ward that had just blessed their baby. It was nice to socialize and relax outside. In the evening we went to my parent's house and had dinner. My mom made a jello dessert that looked like the American Flag and we also ate apple pie- a very american dessert. Eli's cousins are very good with playing and taking care of him when we are at my parent's house. I know Eli loves all his cousins!

2 comments:

The Easton Family said...

What a great weekend! I'm so jealous of the Symphony performance! That sounds like just about one of the best ways to spend a nice summer evening!

Tee said...

What a fun holiday weekend! We were sad to have missed the art festival. Sounds like you all had a really fun time :)