22 April 2009

Circus

Eli and I went to the circus Saturday. Eli's favorite part was the intermission. We got to go down to the rings and see the elephants, dogs, ponies, and clowns. You could pay for a ride on the elephants and ponies. I didn't think Eli would be ready for that yet, and then I saw how much they were charging! Can you guess? $10 for a five minute ride! Wow, that's ridiculous. My ticket only cost $12, and Eli got in free! There were plenty of people riding, so I guess that is where the circus gets most of its money! Eli liked watching! We have seen elephants at the zoo, but never so close.









My favorite part was the human cannonball. This man was 67 and had been doing this for fourty something years! It was cool to watch. I covered Eli's ears when the cannonball went off.




You could pay for pictures with the bear too- I wonder how much they charged for that? (The man was feeding the bear cereal.)
Eli sat on my lap in awe for the first half and then stood up and danced to the music for most of the second half! Our least favorite part of the circus was that Cesar wasn't there with us. He was at school working on a reasearch paper. We did pick him up after the show was over and took him home (since we were already downtown). Sometimes I feel guilty about doing fun stuff with Eli when Cesar isn't with us, but I know I shouldn't. I had to remind myself several times during the circus to not worry that Cesar wasn't there and to just enjoy myself and have fun with Eli! I think I did a pretty good job.

1 comment:

Tee said...

Sounds like a fun time! It's a bummer that Cesar couldn't be there, but I'm glad that Eli had a good time!