09 January 2018

Ruby and Cashews (again)

Jan. 9th, 2018

Ruby had a bad allergic reaction to cashews again and we had to go to the emergency room.  She had a bar that I didn't realize had nuts in it- oops!  She threw up in the kitchen sink and then I decided to give her an epi-pen shot in her leg.  Then we all got in the car and drove to Children's Hospital.  She threw up more in the waiting room.  Poor girl!  Then they had to give her more epinephrine and Benedryl. She started wheezing and they gave her a breathing treatment.
You can see a welt on her eye

Rash all over her torso

Ruby and I stayed until almost midnight and then were able to come home.  
I was watching Breck, one of Ruby's classmates after school so he had to come to the hospital with us.  Soon after we got there though his mom came to pick him up and she also took my boys to her house and feed them dinner before Cesar picked them up and took them home.  I'm thankful for nice friends.  

No comments: