We had a nice Spring Break. I'm glad Eli goes to all day kindergarten, but it was nice to have him home all week. He was really looking forward to playing more at home.
Sat: Eli and I went to one of his friend's birthday party together. Cesar stayed home with Diego and Ruby. The party was at a very fun indoor pool in Arvada- the Apex Center. There were 2 water slides that we both liked going down.
Sun: My 35th birthday! We went to my parent's for dinner and had a nice time at church in the morning.
Mon: We went to IKEA. The boys got to play in the kid play area while Ruby and I looked around. Then we ate hot dogs and pizza there.
Tues: We went on a picnic at Central Park. We even took our picnic basket- Cesar and I got it for our wedding and I think this was only the 2nd time we used it. It was fun!
Wed: My friend Halima and her daughter, Aisha, came to visit. Jibril is Halima's son and one of Eli's first friends ever, but he didn't come. He was at an acting class.
Friday: We went to Rocky Mountain Arsenal. It is very close to our house and we had never been there before. We took a wildlife drive and saw some deer and bison. We played in the kid discovery room and had fun. We happened to see Eli's best friend, Evan there along with his mom and brother.
We had movie night. We watched a new Disney movie called Frozen that Eli has been asking to watch. It was good and I enjoyed it too. We also ordered pizza.
Saturday and Sunday were General Conference. We watched it on the TV. Eli and Diego played pretty well together all weekend. They can get pretty creative sometimes and it is fun to observe. They also got to sleep in a hideout Saturday night. They took the drawers out of their train table, set up some blankets, added pillows and even a makeshift night table with an alarm and slept there all night!
Eli also entered a Lego contest at the library. He had to build something from a book- He built a treehouse from Swiss Family Robinson. It was great, but it didn't end up winning. (I really should have taken a picture- oops!)
Monday: We went to the rec center. Diego had a tumbling class and Eli and Ruby got to go to KidWatch while I exercised. It was Ruby's first time going and she didn't want me to leave, but she did fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment