22 April 2013

My operation

I had an operation last week (April 16th, 2013).  I had a Mierna IUD placed the week before and learned on Monday that it was in the wrong place.  It had migrated out of my uterus.  They had to go in and get it.  I was meant to have a laproscopic surgery where they would make 2 small incisions to get the IUD out, but they couldn't find it!  The surgery was supposed to be only an hour or less, but ended up being about four hours.  They had to give me a 6 inch incision in my lower abdomen, stick their whole arm in my body in order to pull the IUD out. 

Now I am recovering. 

The whole ordeal has been scary, surprising and humbling.  When I woke up from surgery I was very drugged up which was very hard on me.  I felt like I had never felt before.  I felt like I may fall asleep and never wake up again.  Those were some difficult hours.  I am thankful for the nurses, doctors, my parents, and Cesar for reassuring me that I would be okay. 

My mom stayed with me the whole time I was in the hospital.  I am so grateful for her.  She helped me feed Ruby and took care of her the rest of the time.  She kept me company.
Sandra took care of Eli and Diego while I was in the hospital.  I am thankful she did that.
Cesar kept working hard at his jobs and took care to put the boys to bed at home and then came to the hospital to visit me.  I am grateful for him.

It is hard to not be able to take care of my kids like I am used to.  I feel blessed to be a mom and never want to take that for granted again.  I want to be the best mom I can be. 

I am so grateful for family and friends and church members that have offered to help.  I will be sure to help them when I am able and when they are going through hard things.

I am grateful for this trial even though it is very difficult and it is not over yet.

No comments: