Ruby was born at 4:24 a.m. Friday, Feb. 1st.
Here is her birth story:
Thursday night around 9 p.m. I started feeling kind of funny. I thought I may be having some contractions, but wasn't sure. My stomach just seemed to be extra tight sometimes, but it didn't hurt at all. My legs started shaking which was unusual. I thought maybe that was my body telling me that labor was starting. I told Cesar that I was feeling kind of weird and maybe we should go to the hospital. I called my doctor at 9:30 p.m. and told her what I was feeling. She suggested we go to the hospital just in case and get checked out. I called my visiting teacher, Kristen and her husband Brett who is our home teacher, and asked them to come over to stay with the boys until my dad could get here. They came right away. They had been over a few hours earlier because they brought us dinner. We drove to the hospital and got there at 10:15. The man at the front desk of the hospital was kind of funny. Cesar and I walked in and told the man we are going upstairs to labor and delivery and he looked confused. We both noticed him looking at my stomach and he said Now?! and we said yes. I don't think he thought I was 9 months pregnant and ready to have a baby! The nurse checked me out and said I was 5-6 cm dilated and I was having small contractions. My mom arrived at the hospital and my dad got to our house. An hour later my doctor arrived and then I was 8 cm! I thought oh good, this won't take very long. By that time my contractions felt like menstrual cramps- so they were uncomfortable, but didn't really hurt. I tried to get some sleep, but never fell asleep. Cesar and my mom slept a little bit. The nurse checked to see if I was more dilated every hour, but I stayed at 8 c.m. The doctor suggested she break my water and then give me some pitocin to try to help me move along faster. I said okay. Eventually, probably around 3 the contractions started hurting more soon after she broke my water. My back really hurt and Cesar massaged my back and it felt good. My pain was getting worse and they offered me some pain medicine and I declined. The nurse said that the medicine sometimes make people nauseous or even throw up- that was the last think I wanted. Around 4 a.m. I had 4 or 5 really hard contractions that hurt sooooo soooo bad. I didn't know how I was going to get through them. I was squeezing Cesar and my mom's hands. I told Cesar to tell the nurse that I wanted an epidural. The nurse came in and checked me again- I was 9 cm almost 10 dilated. She asked if it felt like I needed to push and I said yes! She called the doctor in and then I started pushing. The doctor was getting ready and told me not to push yet, but I couldn't wait! I probably did 5 or 6 hard pushes and then she was out! It was so hard to push. I remember screaming and the nurse and doctor telling me not to scream, but to put all my effort and energy into pushing. I didn't know how I was ever going to get her out, but I did! She was born at 4:24. I remember them setting her on my stomach while Cesar cut the umbilical cord. I felt happy that she was finally here. Unfortunately I tore so I had to get stiches and that hurt so bad. After they checked Ruby out and cleaned her a little bit they gave her back to me and I feed her. She had a lot of hair and just looked perfect!
I am so thankful everything went well and she is perfectly healthy. I am so grateful to finally have my Ruby!
Here are some pictures from the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment