Eli started preschool today! He was super excited and so was I. He goes in the afternoon (1:00-3:40) Mon- Fri and is in Ms. Casey's class at Westerly Creek Elementary. He didn't cooperate very well with picture taking, but they are okay I guess. (fyi: he is not picking his nose or sucking on his fingers, his hand is just on his face)
I worried and worried about what preschool he was going to go to and it finally fell all into place. Originally we figured he would go to the new public school right down the street from our new house. We filled out the application in January and then waited and waited. He was on the waitlist and we hoped that one day we would get a call that they had a space for him, well that never happened. So, in July I started searching for a school for him. I knew we didn't want to spend too much money and that I just wanted him to go part-time. We probably visited around 8 or 9 schools. There were a couple that we almost went with, until last Friday. Friday morning I got a call from Denver Public Schools that they had a spot for Eli in the afternoon at Westerly Creek. I spent the whole day trying to decide between the public school or Creative Options which we had already decided on. I decided on Westerly Creek and I'm glad I did. He started today (Monday) and loved it! One of the first things he asked when I picked him up is if he is going to come back tomorrow. I feel good about the decision.
The big drawback is that we have not yet moved, so I will be driving him from Parker for the next 2 weeks. He doesn't have school next Monday (Labor Day) and the Tuesday after, so that gives us two less days to have to drive.
I am so proud of my little preschooler and hope that he has a great school year! I hope that he chooses the right, makes nice friends, is a good friend, learns a lot, and becomes more confident in himself.
Here's to a great school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment