We had a nice 4th of July weekend. Cesar had 4 days off, so we got to do a lot of fun stuff.
Monday we went to the Cherry Creek Arts Festival- I think we have been 4 or 5 years in a row. It was a hot day- near 100 degrees. We didn't stay very long. Diego and Eli had fun just sitting in the stroller and watching everyone and everything. We got a new sit and stand stroller last month. My mom found it at a garage sale for us! I really like it. I got a free 10 minute chair massage at the festival, we watched a band perform, ate greasy tacos for lunch, and Eli got an ice cream treat. He ate it while sitting in the stroller behind Diego so Diego didn't know anything about it- pretty sneaky :).
In the evening we went to a BBQ at the Greer's house. We had a fun time and ate good food. They had a kiddie pool that both Eli and Diego got in and also a trampoline that we all jumped on. After we put the boys in bed Cesar and I watched fireworks on TV.
Friday night we had a movie night. Eli wanted to watch a Care Bear movie so we did. I'm not sure how he even knows about Care Bears. When we have movie nights we usually eat pizza too. We put down a picnic blanket and eat in the living room. I think Diego looks like such a big boy in this picture, I think because he is actually smiling at the camera.
Friday we also went swimming at our townhouse pool. It felt good because it was a hot day too.
Friday morning we had family pictures taken at Wal-Mart. I think they went pretty well. We will pick them up soon. Diego got his first haircut Friday! It was getting a little long in the back and around his ears, so Cesar took some off. He did it while Diego was in the bathtub which made it pretty easy. I didn't take any pictures- oh well.
Saturday we all went to help clean the church at 8 a.m. and then had a breakfast at the church pavilion. It was fun to talk to people and just hang out. After naps on Saturday, we went to Cherry Creek State Park. They have a beach area that we checked out. It is pretty nice. We didn't have our swimsuits with us, but that didn't stop Eli. First we just put our feet in, but then Eli got his shorts pretty wet. We will go back soon with our swimsuits. Then we stopped by the grocery store for Cesar to get somethings he needed to make dinner. I was complaining about not knowing what to make for dinner and how I always make it and Cesar said he would cook! What a nice husband. He made some really good tacos.
Sunday Cesar gave the lesson in Sunday School. It was about the Atonement. I only got to hear a small bit of it, because I had to go walk the halls with Diego. Diego has been quite the challenge at church lately. I can not wait until he is 18 months and can go to nursery - less than 3 months away! Anyways, Cesar's lesson went well. He even told me he got a little emotional at one point while sharing his testimony. He is a good teacher.
We had a great weekend and are looking forward to our Utah vacation next week!
1 comment:
What great pics!! I love the blanket on the floor for movie night. Diego does look so big!
Post a Comment