20 March 2011

1st Birthday

Diego turned a year old Friday! We had a fun day. Cesar, the boys, and I went to Monkey Bizness in the morning. It is a indoor play place for little kids. Diego had fun in the "crawler area". He especially liked going down a little slide by himself. He is such a cutie. Eli had fun on the big slides and the jumping area. We ate pizza there and then came home for naps. I even got a nap! Diego slept for a few hours and Cesar and Eli went to do a few errands together. Then we had a little birthday party for Diego. LaResa, her family, and Sandra came. We ate pizza (again) and had cake. Diego opened a couple of presents.


The Sunday before his birthday we celebrated Diego's birthday at my parent's house along with 4 other family birthdays (March is a busy month). I made him a apple cake- the same one I made for Eli's first birthday. He got presents there too.


It feels good to have a one year old now. I thought a lot about his birth and feel so blessed. I still can't believe how fast he came! I enjoy being a mother and sometimes wonder if I could have a third...??...


Here are a few things about Diego:

- He is such a love bug and a momma's boy. He loves to get super close to my face and lean his little head on mine and snuggle. He sucks his thumb all the time too. Anytime I'm in the room he wants me (which can get annoying, but feels nice sometimes too).


- He is close to walking- I think. He stands on his own for a few seconds at a time and took one little step the day before his birthday.


- He loves to get one of Eli's shoes and carry it upstairs with him. He can climb up pretty fast and I'm always scared he is going to fall.


- He loves wheels! It sounds strange but lately everytime he sees a stroller or wheelchair he crawls fast to get to them. I don't always know if the person is okay with him touching their wheels, and they are not exactly the cleanest things he could play with, but when I pick him up he Screams! He is very strong willed and wants what he wants when he wants it! We had to leave Barnes and Nobles the other day because there were too many strollers around. At church today there was a little boy in a wheelchair in the hall and Diego went straight for him.


- He gets very impatient while I'm preparing his food. He loves to eat and loves to drink water. He doesn't like milk- yet; Eli refused milk for a couple of months when he turned one and then started liking milk a lot.


- I only nurse Diego twice a day now- before bedtime and when he wakes up in the morning. I will try to wean him completely pretty soon.


- He sleeps very well at night, usually from 6ish to 7ish in the morning. He takes just one nap now.


- He has such cute dimples.


- He doesn't like getting his diaper or clothes changed. It is a struggle everytime.



1 comment:

Tee said...

A lot of those things sound just like Mabel too. She is so impatient when I'm making food. She also doesn't like getting her diaper changed. I can't believe he's already 1! Happy Birthday Diego :)